At Info Tech, Inc., DBA Infotech (“Infotech”) we value the trust you place in us when you visit one of our websites or use one of our web services. We’ve built an enduring reputation for using technology and data to bring transparency, integrity and efficiency to everyone we serve. Part of our commitment to transparency and integrity is making sure you understand what data we collect, how we use it and how it may be shared.
What is personal information?
By personal information, we mean information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact you, whether used alone or when combined with other identifying information. Examples of personal information include, but are not limited to:
- Home or other physical address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Social Security Number
- Passport number
- Driver's license number
- Bank account number
- Credit or debit card number
- Personal and physical characteristics, including photographic image, fingerprints, handwriting, signatures or other unique biometric data
- Financial information
- Characteristics of classifications protected under applicable laws, including race, national origin, religion, gender, age, or sexual orientation
- Internet, or similar network activity
- Geolocation data
- Audio, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
- Professional and employment-related information
- Non-publicly available educational information
- Commercial information
- Inferences drawn from personal information including preferences, characteristics, predispositions, abilities, and behavior
Personal information does not include information lawfully made available from government records or de-identified or aggregated consumer information.
Use of our Sites & Services
This website and all of the tools and services on our websites are owned and operated by Info Tech, Inc., DBA Infotech (“Infotech”). By visiting www.infotechinc.com, www.infotechconsulting.com, www.bidx.com, www.bidexpress.com, www.docexpress.com, www.appia.net, infotechexpress.com and/or licensing and using our products and services including, but not limited to, AppiaⓇ, Bid ExpressⓇ, Doc ExpressⓇ, and Mobile InspectorⓇ (collectively referenced as “Services”), you accept the practices described in the policy. This Policy applies to the use of any Infotech websites or services which either link directly to this Policy, display this Policy, or otherwise indicate that this Policy applies (collectively referenced as “Sites and Services”). "Preview," "Beta," "Promotional," or other similar types of non-standard or pre-release software, services, or websites may be governed by different or additional terms, such as a non-disclosure agreement or other terms. In some cases, certain software, websites or services from companies other than Infotech (i.e.: American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)) will be governed by separate policies owned by those companies.
Notice of Collection
We want you to know that we collect personal information actively and passively, and we sometimes obtain information from third-party sources. This means that when you use our Sites and Services, we sometimes require you to provide personally identifiable information when you want to take specific actions like registering for our services, placing a bid, uploading images, etc. In addition, when using our Sites and Services, our Sites and Services passively collect personally identifiable information as necessary to ensure the Sites and Services are operating effectively for our users. For example, this is a necessary step to ensure bids are transmitted accurately and that you have appropriate access to any Infotech service you license. Finally, we receive information lawfully made available from publicly available government records such as final bid submission information supplied to us by government agencies (third-party sources) and used by Infotech to incorporate into the Services.
Collecting for Business Purpose
- We collect personal information and use it inside our Sites and Services. We may anonymize some of the data. For example, we receive certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and access times. This type of information is collected for purely internal purposes such as marketing analysis or demographic studies and is used solely to improve Infotech Sites and Services to better address our users' needs.
- We also collect personal information, aggregate it, anonymize it, and display it inside our Sites and Services.
- We collect the personal information you provide during account registration and make it available for use by other users including agencies and subscribers within the specific Services you license.
- We collect the personal information you provide during account registration and make it available to all users and to all public agency users registered with our Services.
- We collect and package publicly available data that public agencies post to our bidding services and offer value-added services.
Collecting for Commercial Purpose
- We source publicly available information from government agencies for use inside our Services and for resale.
- We also package publicly available data that agencies post to our bidding services and sell to data resellers.
To submit a request to opt out of personal information being shared with third parties, click Do Not Sell My Info.
Notice of Access and Sharing
Personal Information Required to Use Services
User-Controlled Access to Personal Information and Data
Certain Infotech Sites and Services allow you to submit personal information and upload data where you control access to that information and data. For example, the Appia and Doc Express services as well as Infotech Hosting Services allow you to input and control access to your data. You also control the users you allow to access and control your data.
Infotech will not access this data unless you, the licensee, specifically direct us to do so. Infotech will not allow third party access to this data, unless Infotech needs to do so or is required to do so in order to (a) comply with the law when there is a clear, unambiguous legal duty to do so; (b) protect the property or rights of Infotech or our customers, including the enforcement of our agreements or policies governing your use of the services; or (c) act in a good faith belief that such access or disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of Infotech employees, customers or the public.
Infotech Access to Personal Information and Data
We may access or disclose your data in order to: (a) comply with the law when there is a clear, unambiguous legal duty to do so; (b) protect the property or rights of Infotech or our customers, including the enforcement of our agreements or policies governing your use of the services; or (c) act in a good faith belief that such access or disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of Infotech employees, customers or the public. We may also disclose personal information as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets — but only if this information is required by a clear legal duty and to the barest extent permitted to preserve the scope of the confidentiality of that personal information.
What We Share with Third Parties
Infotech may share personal information collected with third parties.
Here’s what we may share and why:
- In Infotech bidding Services, for example, your personal information is necessarily transmitted:
- in cases of bid submission over the internet (you transmit your bid and identifying information to the agency to which you bid);
- in cases of posting or responding to solicitations inside the Small Business Network (you submit business contact information that is viewable by others);
- or when an agency develops a list of those who have downloaded plans from the Plan Room (the publishing agency will have access to your business contact information and may or may not publish that list themselves).
- Infotech issues its Digital IDs following the Baseloine Requirements for the Issuance and Management of Publicly-Trusted Certificates. We are required to share your name in publicly available certificate lists if you apply for and receive a Digital ID to encrypt and securely sign bids and documents in our Services.
- If you use an Infotech mobile device application, information that you disclose voluntarily which identifies your mobile device will be collected, but will only be disclosed to those you have voluntarily provided that information.
- If you enter one of our websites or services through a third party, such as a social media platform or advertisement, Infotech does not have control over what data is collected by the third party. Users should be aware of how they enter Infotech’s websites and services and if the owner of the access point is collecting or selling your information.
Infotech Bidding Services - Troubleshooting
- We may share personal information with the agency related to your bid submission prior to the letting end date.
- We may share personal information with the agency related to your bid submission after the letting end date and prior to bid opening.
- We may share personal information with the agency related to your bid submission after bid opening:
- Infotech may share timestamps of bid packages submitted to the Service via phone, email, or electronic transmission for business purposes during troubleshooting or other such activities essential to the operation of the Infotech Services.
- Infotech will summarize the call history, if any, of your bid submission and provide to agency.
- Additionally, sometimes certain personal information may be shared with those agencies via phone, email, or electronic transmission for business purposes during troubleshooting or other such activities essential to the operation of the Sites or Services.
Right to Know
You may request access to the specific pieces of personal information collected about you in the 12-month period ending on the date of your request. These disclosures include:
- The categories of personal information collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the business has shared the personal information.
- The categories of personal information sold and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold.
- The categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose.
Notice of Right to Opt Out
You may opt-out of the sale or disclosure of personal information that is not publicly-available information derived from a governmental entity and which is not maintained for a permitted purpose under the CCPA or similar law. Infotech provides several channels for users and their authorized agents to opt out, review and request changes to their communication preferences.
Here’s how to opt out:
- Submit the form at www.infotechinc.com/contact
- Call Infotech directly at (888) 352-2439
- Mailing a letter to our headquarters at 2970 SW 50th Terrace, Gainesville, FL 32608
- Clicking unsubscribe or contacting us via the footer of a marketing email.
Note: If you have provided more than one email address to us, you may continue to be contacted unless you request to unsubscribe each email address you have provided.
Our responsibility. Infotech is committed to protecting the security of your data. We follow the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and other national cybersecurity and privacy standards to develop and audit our security processes. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your data from unauthorized use, access or disclosure. For example, we store the data we collect on computer systems with strict limited administrative and physical access and in controlled facilities. When we transmit certain sensitive data over the internet, we always protect it using encryption.
Your responsibility.If a username and/or password is used to help protect your accounts and data, it is your responsibility to keep your information confidential and your internet connection secure. Do not share this information with anyone. If you share a computer with anyone, you should always log out before leaving an Infotech Site or Service to protect access to your data from subsequent users.
Cookies, Behavior Display Ads, Retargeting Ads
Here’s how cookies help us monitor site analytics:
Infotech utilizes a third-party website analytics service to monitor visitor trends on our website. The service, Google Analytics, sets a cookie - a small, unique text file - on your computer so we can monitor site traffic. Infotech uses the information gathered to make your browsing experience more enjoyable. The cookie is for tracking purposes only and is not used to gather or to distribute personally identifiable information. For more information on Google Analytics, visit http://www.google.com/analytics/.
Here’s how behavior display ads, retargeting ads, and targeting cookies work on our social media:
Here’s how web beacons and cookies work with our third party vendors:
Third Party Vendors: Infotech may occasionally hire other companies or contractors to provide limited services on our behalf, such as the processing of mailings, technical or engineering support, site hosting, payment processing, or performing statistical analysis of our sites or services. Those service providers will be permitted to obtain only the information they need to deliver the agreed upon service. They are required by agreement to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using the information for any purpose other than delivering the service to Infotech in accordance with our policies. However, our vendors may use aggregate data for fraud detection to help improve their services.
Social Media Widgets: Our site occasionally includes social media features, such as the Facebook Like button or Share button, and widgets, such as interactive mini-programs. These features may collect your IP address, which page(s) you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing the features.
Your Cookie Choices
You may also choose to opt out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting through industry-standard websites such as https://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN or www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
Right to Non-Discrimination for Exercising Your Privacy Rights
- Deny you goods or services
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services