www.bidx.com Digital ID Policy: AASHTOWare Project Bids™ Bid component bidding software
Info Tech® i Digital ID™ iis for use with the AASHTOWare Project Bids™ iii Bid component bidding software to the Bid Express®iv service at www.bidx.com are specific to the individual Subscriber, and not to the agency or agencies to which the Subscriber intends to bid. To bid to an agency, a Subscriber must make a "request to bid" to that agency. The same Digital ID may be used to bid at multiple agencies if all of those agencies have implemented the software, but the Subscriber must make an individual "request to bid" to each agency to which the Subscriber intends to bid via the AASHTOWare Project Bids™ Bid component software. In general, a Subscriber must have been pre-approved to bid as a vendor to an agency before the Subscriber may submit a "request to bid" to that agency.
1. Info Tech Digital ID Subscriber Policy
By accepting and using an Info Tech Digital ID, you, as a Subscriber or Holder, represent to Info Tech and to parties relying on your use of the Digital ID with Info Tech products and services that you will:
- Not compromise the integrity or security of the Digital ID; for instance: sharing passwords, storing backup copies of keys insecurely, or permitting use of the Digital ID by anyone other than yourself.
- Provide accurate and complete information when communicating with Info Tech.
- Confirm the accuracy of the information associated with the Digital ID before using the Digital ID.
- Promptly cease using the Digital ID and notify Info Tech if (i) any information that was submitted to Info Tech or is included in a Digital ID changes or becomes misleading; or (ii) there is any actual or suspected misuse or compromise of the Private Key associated with the Digital ID.
- Use the Digital ID only for authorized and legal purposes, consistent with the Digital ID purpose, these policies, and any other associated policies and agreements.
- Promptly cease using the Digital ID and related private key after Digital ID expiration, if any applies.
2. Application and Activation Policies
No Digital ID shall be approved and/or activated except upon completion of any necessary internal and/or external review required by policy. Manual review and activation procedures by Info Tech shall be performed during normal business hours only. Review by external parties, if necessary or required, is not guaranteed in any way by Info Tech. Info Tech makes no guarantees whatsoever on any processing times for Digital ID applications or activation requests.
Info Tech shall not be responsible for any Digital ID applicant's failure to provide complete and correct application information in the specified manner and format, or failure to submit application information to Info Tech prior to the need of the applicant to use the Digital ID for any purpose, including internet bidding, without sufficient time allotted for all internal and external reviews of the application. Info Tech shall not be responsible for any delays or technical difficulties experienced by Subscribers that are a result of circumstances outside of Info Tech's control.
Info Tech recommends that applicants submit all requests for Digital ID approval and activation not less than seven days in advance of the anticipated need to use the Digital ID. Info Tech recommends that Subscribers, once the Subscriber's Digital ID has been activated and approved, test the functionality of the Digital ID well in advance of the need to use the Digital ID, in the event that technical troubleshooting is necessary.
2.1 Application Policies in Detail
An application for a Digital ID for use with the AASHTOWare Project Bids™ Bid component software does not require submission of any original or paper documentation; but as part of the application process, the Applicant must provide the following information and documentation:
- Image of a valid, current form of identification which is of the type typically used for identity verification purposes: Driver's License, State-Issued ID Card, or Passport. Other identification types may or may not be acceptable and are considered on a case-by-case basis. The identification must, at a minimum, show a picture of the Applicant, the full legal name of the Applicant, and enough information to determine what type of identification is being provided. This image is uploaded during the application process and is stored securely on Info Tech servers. The image is only used for the initial verification procedure, and is deleted by Info Tech after the application has been approved or rejected. An image will not be deemed to be insufficient if certain portions of the image of the ID are "blacked out" or otherwise obscured, provided that those portions which are obscured do not include the photo or legal name of the Applicant, or the indication of the type of ID which is being provided by the Applicant for the purpose of applying for the Digital ID.
- Applicant's full legal name. The name entered by the applicant during the application process must exactly match the applicant's full legal name that appears on the image of the identification provided for verification purposes. An incomplete or inaccurate entry will result in a rejection of the application.
- Legal name of the business for which the applicant has been authorized to represent as a bidder. The full legal name will be verified via official state registry sources, and so an applicant should be sure of the actual legal name of the business before entering that information into the application. An incorrect entry of the business legal name will result in a rejection of the application. If there is a difference between the business' bona fide legal name and the name of the business that is given to any agency to which the applicant intends to bid, the applicant should enter the business' bona fide legal name that is registered with the business' Secretary of State for the particular state where the business is domiciled, for this is the business name that will be verified.
- Contact Telephone Number for Applicant. The number provided should be the number at which the applicant can be reached. For example, if the applicant is best reached at a cellular phone number rather than the telephone number of the business that the applicant represents, then the cellular phone number should be provided. This number will be used to contact the applicant for the purposes of verifying the information on the application verbally with the applicant, and for no other purpose, unless provided by the applicant for another purpose. The telephone number will be kept for documentation of the transaction only, and will not be used in any way for any sales or marketing purposes, or sold to any third party, or otherwise disclosed unless there is a clear legal duty to do so.
2.2 Verification of Application Information
After a complete application for a Digital ID for use with the AASHTOWare Project Bids™ Bid component software has been submitted by the applicant and received by Info Tech, Info Tech shall verify the information provided by the applicant for accuracy. Applications are, in general, processed according to the order in which they are received. Trained Info Tech personnel will verify that the applicant has correctly provided applicant's full legal name and will verify that the business legal name provided by the applicant matches the business legal name as registered officially with the Secretary of State where the business is domiciled.
After and only after these two verifications have been successfully performed, Info Tech trained personnel will attempt to call the applicant at the telephone number provided by the applicant. If the Info Tech personnel is able to contact and successfully verify the applicant's identity and intent to obtain the Digital ID, the Info Tech personnel will approve and activate the Digital ID. If Info Tech is unable to verify the applicant's legal name or legal business name according to Info Tech policies, or if Info Tech is unable to complete the verbal verification process via the telephone number provided by the applicant, Info Tech will reject the application and will send an email notice of the rejection to the applicant.
2.3 Approval and Activation
Only after Info Tech is able to successfully complete all of the verification steps described above will Info Tech approve and activate the Digital ID for use with the AASHTOWare Project Bids™ Bid component software. This is a manual process for security reasons, and can only be performed during normal business operating hours.
3. Actions Required after Approval and Application
An approved and activated Digital ID for use with the AASHTOWare Project Bids™ Bid component software does not automatically permit the Digital ID to be used for internet bidding purposes. The applicant (hereafter "Subscriber") must make a "request to bid" to any agency to which the Subscriber intends to bid with the Digital ID.
3.1 Request to Bid Procedure
The Subscriber, once the Subscriber's Digital ID for use with the AASHTOWare Project Bids™ Bid component software has been approved and activated, may then request to bid to any agency that has implemented the AASHTOWare Project Bids™ software and has assigned a vendor number (or other identifier required by the specific agency) to the Subscriber. The "request to bid" for any agency that has implemented the AASHTOWare Project Bids™ software may be found by the Subscriber after logging in to the Subscriber's account at www.bidx.com. Once the "request to bid" has been made, the agency to which the request was submitted must approve the request before the Subscriber may use the Digital ID to submit bids electronically via the AASHTOWare Project Bids™ Bid component software. The Subscriber may make a "request to bid" to multiple agencies with the same activated Digital ID.
Note: Info Tech does not have any role in the approval process for any "request to bid submitted to an agency for approval. It is recommended that any "request to bid to a particular agency be made well in advance of any bid submissions to that agency, for no bids may be submitted to that agency until the "request to bid" has been approved by the agency.
4. Deactivation Policies
Info Tech may deactivate any Digital ID at any time and without notice to the Subscriber if Info Tech determines, in its sole discretion, that the Digital ID has been compromised; has been used or will be used for fraudulent, deceitful, or otherwise unlawful purposes; or may harm, compromise, or otherwise interfere with the operation of Info Tech systems or services, or the systems or services of an Info Tech business partner, or any other entity. Info Tech may or may not notify the Subscriber of the deactivation via email, telephone, or other means. Info Tech shall bear no responsibility to any party resulting from the deactivation of a Digital ID, including circumstances which prevent a Subscriber from bidding electronically, if Info Tech has deactivated the Digital ID in good faith and for any of the reasons listed in this paragraph.
4.1 Deactivation by Subscriber
An Info Tech Digital ID Subscriber may deactivate their Digital ID at any time and instantly by doing so from the Subscriber's account profile within the Bid Express Service. Once a Digital ID has been deactivated by the Subscriber, there is no way to re-activate that Digital ID, and if the Subscriber wishes to again use the Bid Express Service to bid electronically, the Subscriber must submit a new registration form according to the process indicated above. A Subscriber may under no circumstances deactivate a Digital ID by e-mail or telephone notice to Info Tech. A former Subscriber to the Bid Express Service at www.bidx.com that no longer has access to the Subscriber's account may not deactivate a Digital ID associated with that account, but may cancel any recurring billing that is charged to the former Subscriber. For assistance with this specific scenario, please contact Customer Support during normal business hours.
4.2 Digital ID Deactivation by someone other than the Subscriber
A representative of the organization associated with a Digital ID may deactivate the Digital ID of any member of that organization. This may be done directly within the representative's profile within the Bid Express Service at www.bidx.com. If the representative does not have a user account at www.bidx.com, that representative should contact Customer Support during normal business hours for assistance with this procedure. Additional documentation may be required, at Info Tech's sole discretion.
5. Bidx.com Subscription Account Cancellation
Please note that cancellation of all Bid Express subscription services for the Bid Express Service at www.bidx.com will also deactivate any Digital ID for use with the AASHTOWare Project Bids™ Bid component software associated with those subscription services. If a former Subscriber re-subscribes to the same service(s) in the future, the Subscriber may not reactivate any Digital IDs that have been deactivated, and instead must apply for a new Digital ID for use with the AASHTOWare Project Bids™ Bid component software, which must be approved and activated before the Subscriber can submit a "request to bid" to any agency that has implemented the AASHTOWare Project Bids™ software.
Info Tech shall not refund subscriber fees associated with Digital ID application, activation, use, or subscription services in the event of a Digital ID deactivation.
AASHTOWare Project Bids™ software: software in use by some agencies. If an agency uses the AASHTOWare Project Bids™ software internally, vendors bidding electronically to proposals posted by that agency on the Bid Express Service at www.bidx.com must use the AASHTOWare Project Bids™ Bid component software to encrypt, digitally sign, and submit bids.
AASHTOWare Project Bids™ Bid component software: bidding software used by vendors to encrypt, digitally sign, and submit bids to agencies that use the AASHTOWare Project Bids™ software.
Activated (Digital ID): an activated Digital ID is a Digital ID that has been approved for use after the application, verification, and approval process (or the registration, processing, and approval process). A Digital ID cannot be used in any way until it has been activated by Info Tech.
Agency: for the purposes of this policy, an agency is any party that accepts bids electronically via the Bid Express Service(s) or that manages contracts via the Doc Express Service (not as a vendor or contractor).
Applicant: an applicant is someone that has applied for or registered a Digital ID that has not yet been activated.
Approved (Digital ID): an approved Digital ID is a Digital ID that meets all application or registration requirements and has been processed or verified by Info Tech, but has not yet been activated.
Bid Express Service (Info Tech Bid Express Service): web-based service, located at www.bidx.com, used by agencies to advertise proposals and to receive bids electronically from vendors. The Bid Express Service submit bids to the agency indirectly (via additional bidding software (the AASHTOWare Project Bids™ Bid component software).
Deactivate or Deactivated (Digital ID): a deactivated Digital ID is a Digital ID which was formerly activated, but can no longer be used. A Digital ID may be deactivated by request or by policy. Once deactivated, a Digital ID may never be re-activated, and can only be replaced by a new Digital ID.
Digital ID (Info Tech Digital ID): electronic credentials used for encryption, digital signatures, and/or bid submission by users of or subscribers to Info Tech services, such as the Doc Express or Bid Express Services.
Request to Bid: a request to bid is a request made by a vendor for an agency to pre-accept the use of a Digital ID that has been approved and activated by Info Tech for use with the AASHTOWare Project Bids™ Bid component software. When an agency uses the AASHTOWare Project Bids™ software, a request to bid must be approved by the agency before the Digital ID associated with that request may be used to encrypt, digitally sign, and submit bids to that agency.
Proposal: for the purposes of this policy, a proposal is any item posted by an agency to the Bid Express Service(s) for which the agency is soliciting responses from vendors. Proposals also include "solicitations," "RFPs," "RFIs," and the like.
Subscriber (Digital ID): for the purposes of this policy, a Subscriber is someone who has been issued an Info Tech Digital ID for use in conjunction with the AASHTOWare Project Bids™ Bid component software.
Vendor: for the purposes of this policy, a vendor is a party that has an approved business relationship with an agency. A "bidder" or "contractor" (except a "contractor" acting as an agent of an agency) is a vendor for the purposes of this policy.
iInfo Tech is a registered trademark of Info Tech, Inc.
iiDigital ID is a trademark of Info Tech, Inc.
iiiAASHTOWare Project Bids™ is a registered trademark of AASHTO
ivBid Express is a registered trademark of Info Tech, Inc.